Tsunami often occur in certain places. Here are few things to do during a tsunami to stay safe.
- Get out of the water and move away from the immediate water’s edge of harbours, coastal estuaries, rock platforms, and beaches.
- Boats in harbours, estuaries and in shallow coastal water should return to shore – secure your boat and move away from the waterfront.
- Vessels which are already at sea should stay off the shore in deep water until further notice.
- Aware your neighbours and friends which stay near the tsunami area about the tsunami.
- Move to a higher ground and stay there until the tsunami is over.
- Only take essential items with you. You should probably keep them in a bag and place it somewhere convenient for you to carry away when the tsunami hits.
- Do not go to the coast.
- Turn on the radio to listen to the latest news about the tsunami.