Geography is the study of the physical features of the earth and its atmosphere, and of human activity as it affects and is affected by these, including the distribution of populations and resources and political and economic activities. It is used all over the world and we could hardly live without it.
Here are some importance of geography:
- It helps us to know exactly where we are.
- It helps us to know a place better. Just by looking at features on map, we can immediately get a rough idea about how a place look.
- Without geography, people can’t travel around the world using airplanes as the pilots wouldn’t be able to tell how high and how low he is flying and it is hard for him to tell if there’s anything near it. Besides that, pilots wouldn’t know where exactly to land.
- Geography helps us to understand the economy, population, birth rate, death rate,etc. of a country. By looking at a age pyramid, it will be easy to study about a country’s economy.
- We also get to study the relationship between human and nature.